Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Blah!

It's been one of those weeks. Not sure if it's getting back from daughters and missing her or just blah. I'm not motivated. I'm having a hard time doing much of anything. What do you do when you need to get motivated? Is there a 'trick' you use? Something you reward yourself with to get motivated? I'm hoping it will pass, but we shall see.

I have been sorting through photos. I like looking back at the happy times, but it makes me miss daughter more. It won't be long before we go back, but I wish she was closer. I miss just being able to talk or curl up on the sofa and having a cuddle. I know exactly how my Mum feels now - I was thinking it when I talked to her the other day and she even mentioned it. I suppose I'm a little closer, but it's still too far away lol.

I think I'll give myself over the weekend and then take a deep breath and get on with it. So much to do but so little motivation! I really need to get this place in order.

Photo today from one of our walks - this one at Interstate State Park in Minnesota. On the other side of the river is Wisconsin. I was thinking of Jacky at Dicky Bird's Nest while we were visiting the park as she lives in Wisconsin, but I looked it up and it's quite a way from her lol.


It's a lovely park with lots of lovely views. I was so glad to be able to visit and remember it this year!

7 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Sharon. I'm sure the lack of motivation is from missing your daughter. Plus, it's always hard to get back to the daily routines after a vacation. Like you say, give yourself the weekend to relax. For me, when I lack motivation, I tell myself to do just something for 5 minutes - just dust the side table, just do one load of laundry, etc. After I do that, I can stop and still feel I got something done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. Thanks for the tip. I've done a little of that today - setting the timer to help me not sit and do nothing is helping too lol

      Delete
  2. I do much the same as Bless, making myself do at least one quick task so that I can feel something has been done. Usually, once I get started I end up doing more than that ... it’s the getting started that needs the easy 5 minute task, like putting in a load of laundry or wiping down a counter top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my family terribly and like you find it hard to motivate myself after a visit. Skype has become a great friend and we use is regularly to keep in touch. Obviously not as good as seeing family but a great motivator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me! It's not easy being far away.

      Delete
  4. It is a bit away....thanks for thinking of me. I think of you often as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.