Pages

Friday, May 3, 2019

End of Week

Thank goodness it's Friday! I am feeling better - foot still swollen and sore but I'm pretty sure it isn't broken just black and blue. I've been trying to be careful. It does feel better in my hiking boots so I shall take those with me and be sure to wear them if we are out walking places. I think I was lucky to be wearing them (was on my way out) at the time I hurt my foot as they protected my ankle a little bit. I'm pretty sure it would have been worse if I had been wearing my shoes! The sickness thing I think was a bug. I still feel it once in a while, but it is certainly better now. Oldest son woke this morning feeling dizzy and was actually sick so stayed home from work today.

We're off to visit daughter tomorrow. It's a long drive, but I have my Kindle loaded up and I bought plenty of snacks to take with us to cut down on the stops. We've done the drive enough now that it's not too bad, just long. We found a way to avoid driving near Chicago (which always scares me silly lol).

The weather this week has been lousy so I'm hoping next week will be a little better. As I've been trying not to walk too much on the foot I've been spending time sitting watching the birds in my garden as well as the squirrels and chipmunks. One black squirrel is driving me crazy. We seem to be playing a game of  'if you go that way I'll go this way'. I try to get him off the feeder and he'll find a way to sneak around back to it. If I turn my back he tries going around the garage to get to the feeder the other way. Sigh. The chipmunks are getting up their courage climbing up the poles to the feeder and the birdhouse.


There are some tiny flowers in my garden. I put some nuts in them hoping a chipmunk or squirrel would give me a good photo op and one cooperated.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are feeling better and the foot is improving. Hope your son feels better, soon, too. Cute photo!

    Have a safe trip and a lovely visit with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like chipmunks & we have several in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicago scares me too! I avoid it all costs! You should take the ferry sometime, it's on my bucket list. http://www.ssbadger.com/about/ Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some how I missed the previous post about your fall. Landiung on your bum is not pleasant and hurting your foot too - oh, dear!
    I'm glad it's improving but if you have any doubts, maybe you should think about having it 'looked at' by a medic.
    I hope the long drive goes well and have a wonderful time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.