Pages

Monday, November 18, 2019

Do You Ever Feel Like You're Going Crazy?

It's the beginning of a new week and I'm trying to get back to 'normal'. I did my normal things and then, because time is flying by, I decided to work on getting photos together for printing for my Mum's calendar. As I take a lot of photos I organise them on my computer by month and then break down into weeks. Admittedly it is about the only area of my life that I'm organised in. I started making note of what photos of the 'kids' I wanted to use. I also realise that I haven't taken all that many of them! I'm hoping I have enough. Anyway I'm sorting through, coming up short on the two sons and then thought - ah middle son got his cat and brought it up to visit and I took photos. I searched and searched and found nothing. It was driving me absolutely crazy. Almost overcooked dinner because I was looking! Later son called and I decided to ask him about his cat. It wasn't this year he actually got him - it was last year! No wonder I couldn't find the photos. I hadn't even taken them this year. Sigh. 

Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. Or maybe it's just old age creeping in.

It was a little warmer today and - despite the weather people said - it was actually sunny today! All of the snow has melted (except in shady areas) so now everything is dull and grey. The leaves have mostly all fallen. There was still some ice and snow around yesterday when we went out on our walk, so today I'm sharing one of those photos. Hopefully I'll have some crafty photos soon!


I'm feeling quite sad about this beach. We couldn't even walk on it. There has been so much erosion that they are trying to save the dunes and asking people to keep off. When we first 'discovered' this beach it was beautiful to walk along and a lot bigger than it is now. All the wood you can see is debris that has been washed up with wind and waves. It is all along our lakeshore in the winter months. Once winter is over it will be cleaned up. 

7 comments:

  1. Too funny about the cat pictures being last year's pictures! Time is just whizzing by! That is really too bad that the beach has eroded so much, but, that really is a beautiful picture! I was thinking that it would make a lovely jigsaw puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if it is age or what but I do more or less the same thing and have been known to look back in my diary or blog to find out when something happened so I can find the related photos. I organise them by month too, but not by week. Within that month there might be a sub-folder for a special occasion.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I organise photos by month and then week. I too lose track of when things have happened - life seems to be whizzing by at an alarming speed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you are going crazy Sharon. Time just goes by so quickly that is easy to forget when things happened.
    Like Joy I use my blog to check up on things if my memory plays me up.
    So sad about the beach but that photo is gorgeous.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going crazy :-) As am I, it's an age thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm getting old, yesterday....I hate to admit...but, while backing up my van...I hit a building....waaaa...I didn't think I was that close....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.