Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Weather Moan & Gnomes

Brrr…. it's been cold today. I did bundle up and go for a walk. It was really quiet where I usually walk. I think most sensible people were staying indoors. It seems that overnight most of the leaves have fallen off the trees! The path was lined quite thickly with them and at home, in the garden, one tree had completely lost the leaves in one day!  Soon everything will be grey and dark to match the skies. Definitely not my most favourite time of year!

I did get up into my craft room for a bit and finished a couple of gnomes. I'm going to post a link to the YouTube video I watched to do these. They really are quite easy. Not my usual type of craft but really cute. After the fact I realised that the bells I got for the hats are really bit. I shall have to see if I have smaller ones. I liked that they were really cheap to make too - must of the supplies I got from the dollar shop. The only thing I got from the craft shop was the 'fur' to make the beard. I was watching another video though and they made (completely different gnomes) using a small mop head from the dollar store as the beard so I might see how big they actually are and if I could use that instead of the beard.



I quite like how they turned out. I was thinking about maybe making some smaller ones using children's socks instead so maybe there will be more to come!

How to Make Gnomes


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought so! They were really cheap to make so I thought I'd give them a go.

      Delete
  2. I love the gnomes....so , so cute. I may have to put them on my list to try next year as I have quite a bit in the pipeline this year.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.