Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Weekend

Quite a quiet weekend. We did our usual Saturday morning out, Sunday out having an adventure. The weather today was actually lovely - beautiful and sunny - it was a little cold this morning. There was quite a frost which I don't think people were expecting. We saw four accidents on our way up to our first destination. The road was quite slippery in spots and we were up and out before the sun came up as we were going somewhere two and a half hours away. Luckily we were okay. Husband is a good driver in the not-so-good weather.

Yesterday I actually got out to see a sunset. I don't often get to go see one. There are three cars at our house and mine is usually hemmed in as I am the last one to go out in the morning. As we were taking my car today I was the one at the end and able to get out. As the sun was shining yesterday too (two days in a row - can't remember the last time that happened!) I decided to get out and see the sun set.


It was really pretty. The colours in the sky were quite purple and red, deep and dark. I was tempted to hang around longer, but I had to walk back to the car park and I didn't want to get caught while it was too dark. I love sunsets. I wish I lived somewhere I could just sit in my back garden and watch. There is something so calming about them.

It's back to the starting of another week tomorrow.  It looks as though there might be another sunny day so I shall be out walking if there is. I have some cleaning to do and then maybe some crafting. I have decided to scale down Christmas projects so I don't stress myself out too much.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good weekend with sunshine and nice weather. That sunset is lovely! When I was a teen, I lived in an apartment with west facing windows and I could watch the sun set over the ocean. It used to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunset. Our weather was wonderful here in WI as well! However, 4-9" in the forcast for Wednesdy...."Over the River and through the snow....for Thanksgiving."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.