Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2019

November

I survived my dentist appointment. I was really anxious and there was a point where I didn't think I could do it, but I took a deep breath, forced myself to relax and listen to the dentist and her assistant chat. It certainly helped. The appointment took an hour and a half, but it went fairly quickly. I was certainly glad when it was over! The rest of Thursday was horrible and rainy. There was even some snow in the evening!

Friday dawned cold, but bright and sunny. I made the most of it and spent a lot of the day walking around different parks, enjoying the beautiful colours enhanced by the sunlight. It's been such a dull week that it made quite a change. I obviously didn't get a lot done at home, but you have to enjoy it while you can!

Husband worked again Saturday so I went out by myself. I managed to go somewhere new with no road closures this time!

I have been managing to get some crafty things done. Now that November has started I can certainly feel time slipping away. I hate to mention the 'c' word but I need to start thinking about things. Sigh.

I have blog posts to catch up on. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Our clocks changed here in the US last night - good thing too as I was really confused calling Mum - but this day seems to have dragged!

Photo today from a lovely covered bridge. It's one of the few left in Michigan. It's from my adventure yesterday





4 comments:

  1. Yay, you survived the dental appointment! I usually say my prayers when I am on the dental chair and try to meditate! I'm glad you had a break in the weather and was able to go out. Beautiful picture of the covered bridge!

    Yes, it's time to start thinking about gifts, isn't it? Enjoy your crafting. I know I'll be making jam for gift giving, as I usually do, but, I need to start on it!

    Hope the coming week is a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a covered bridge. Is there any reason why it's covered?
    I'm glad the dental stuff is over and done. Well done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The covered bridges fascinate me. I don't think we have any at all in the UK. Are they just an American thing do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the day did seem long..it is confusing and an adjustment. Snow here today, heavy dusting. The bridge is wonderful! I am setting up selling every weekend in November. It will be busy, but then when it's done I can focus on "C"....I still want to enjoy Thanksgiving. All the decorations are too much to me right now....and after setting up at all the events...I'm sick of it till a few days before....when I bring in a real tree to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.