Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Wild Waves at the Lakeshore

I did end up going to the lakeshore a little later in the afternoon after ringing my Mum and chatting with her. I was going to wait until husband got off work, but he's on nine hour days and by the time he had got home and we got to the lakeshore I knew the light would be fading. So I got up the courage to go by myself. The drive wasn't too bad, but I was glad I left when I did. When I got there the water had come up over half of the car park. Some people were driving through it to go round and park, but I wasn't that brave. I ended up pulling through a parking place to another that was out of the water. The water got higher and was quite deep by the time I left.  It was cold and a little rainy so I had to make sure to try to keep my lens dry and clean. I did get a little wet as - though I was standing what I thought was well enough back - a wave came up and went over my boots wetting my feet. Brrr… it was cold!

It always amazes me just how wild the waves get. The lake looked really angry as the skies were dark too. I ended up moving up to the cliff top and walking down some steps to higher beach to get some photos. I wish I had started out there as it seemed a little less crowded and safer. There are lots of people who come to see the water when it gets that wild.

I took this photo just so I could document how far up the water came. The car is not even in the furthest part of the car park. They were a lot braver (or more stupid) than me. I would not have parked there! You can see nothing of the beach at all.




A couple of different views.  I'm glad I went - but I've had enough excitement for a couple of days!

I hope everyone in America who celebrates Thanksgiving had an enjoyable day. It was a pretty quiet one here. We did go to MIL's for dinner - lovely as always.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those waves are big! I'm glad you were able to go by yourself and get the photos you needed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.