Pages

Monday, September 19, 2022

A Day to Remember

I got up early this morning to watch some of the funeral. It was quite moving. 

I was supposed to have a Covid booster and Flu shot today but storms came through last night and the place I was going to sustained damage and the appointment was cancellled. I tried to reschedule but couldn't do it online. I think that closer to the end of the week, I'll go in and see if I can do it that way.  I was hoping to get it out of the way! 

I walked by myself for a little while before doing my grocery shopping and going home. I managed to get some household chores done and got some of the camping clothes washed. There will be more washing tomorrow. We got through some heavier clothes as the nights were a little chilly. 

I was going to do some more sorting in the craft room, but because I stayed on track and got other things done I didn't go upstairs. I don't have a lot planned tomorrow so will tackle more of the craft room tomorrow. I still have a long way to go, but I did get some sorting done over the weekend and it is looking better. I actually managed to take a bag of rubbish out of there at the weekend!

Day 257 (Wednesday 14th Sept)



Wasn't a good day. We were all worried about Shasta. She still managed to have a smile when she got some attention from Mum. 

Day 258 (Thursday 15th Sept)



We got up really early to see Daughter, SIL and huskies off. It was a sad day. Husband and I didn't want to go back to bed so we went and found a sunrise somewhere. This was taken where yesterday's video was taken. It was beautiful. The day was full of worry waiting to hear they all got home safely and then waiting to hear about Shasta's passing. 

Day 259 (Friday 16th Sept)




We decided to go back home early. We didn't fancy staying without Daughter and her family. On our way home we decided to stop at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park. It's $25 to get in but we decided to treat ourselves. When we reached the gatehouse the man there asked if we met certain criteria, one of which was being a Veteran. Husband served for ten years and showed the man his ID. We got a free pass! Not just to that park, but to every National Park! It's apparently a benefit to veterans. How nice and expected that was!

This sign made me laugh. It's changed since the last time we were here. I have the sign on my blog page. There were only two people climbing - a man and his son. The rest of us watched!

Day 260 (Saturday 17th Sept)



A walk by myself. 

I'll catch up with the rest tomorrow. I'm really tired. It's been a long old day. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had quite a productive day! Sorry to hear you couldn't get your Covid booster due to storm damage to the place where you were going to get the booster. I need to call and schedule my booster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love at this sad time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm sorry to hear about Shasta.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.