Pages

Friday, October 14, 2022

End of Week

Not a productive day today. I had a lovely meandering walk, but I think I overdid it as when I got home, I just could not get warm. I ended up snuggled under a blanket and dozing most of the afternoon. I did chat/message a lot - chatted with daughter and middle son and messaged with sister. Other than that, I didn't do a lot until it was time to make dinner, do the washing up and complete the two lots of clothes that I had washed. I managed to get up into the craft room for a little bit this evening but that's about it. 

I turned on the small heater in my living room for about half an hour this morning. Sigh. I was hoping to hold off but it was chilly. I think that's part of the problem - the living room is getting cooler now but I am really trying to hold off turning on the main heat especially as I seem to be the only one affected by the cooler temperatures right now. 

I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. Daughter sent me this photo this morning.



She got her first snow today! She was not happy lol. Luckily it melted away really quickly. I'm not quite ready for that yet! 

Things That Make Me Smile Day 287



It was so peaceful being out here this morning all by myself. I stood and watched the geese squawking and getting ready to fly after spending the night on the lake and listened to the Red-winged Blackbirds sitting up in the trees getting ready to fly. I can usually walk right out to the tree stump and a little past, but the lake is high, and the water is flooding the end of what we call The Point.  

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Tomorrow I am going to try to post about The Sleeping Bear Dunes that we visited earlier in September. I tried scheduling the post while I was away the other week, but Blogger was being finicky and wouldn't let me post photos from my computer. Fingers crossed it will work this time!


4 comments:

  1. Snow.... brrrr. It'll be here soon too by the feel of the night time temperatures and I'm sure there was a mention of snow in Scotland on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me like you got plenty done! Maybe not a lot of housework, but, you chatted and messaged with family members, went for a walk, got dinner on the table, got the laundry done, etc. I'm glad you put the heater on for a little while; I can't do anything when I am cold! Hope you have a good weekend, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor daughter ... it's too early for snow! How is she coping after losing Shasta?

    I hope you have a good weekend too. Also that Blogger plays nicely and you can load your photos so we can see The Sleeping Bear Dunes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs. I've seen heated throws recommended so you could just have that and retreat underneath it whenever you need a warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.