Pages

Monday, August 5, 2024

Pretty Productive Day

It's a good start to the week - at least a good start to getting things done. I went out early this morning hoping for my usual walk. At first it was fairly nice but then the clouds rolled in and by the time my friend arrived to walk there was thunder in the air. I had walked a bit but then we ended up walking back to the car! 





A little bit of sun





As the storm rolls in. 

I got home fairly early and just in time as I had barely got inside the house and it absolutely fell down with rain! 

While it was raining, I cleaned out the fridge and wiped down the shelves as this was something I had put on my list to get done. I checked all the condiments (and there were a lot of them thanks to husband and son) and unfortunately had to throw out some as they were expired. To be fair, they had mostly been used. It felt good to get this done!

By this point the rain had stopped so I went and did a food shop. Ouch! Yikes! Not happy with prices or money spent but that's for another post! 

I took a nice break in the form of having a bath and listening to a bit of my audiobook. In the afternoon I pulled out my new shredder and started on the massive pile of things that need to be shredded. I was really impressed by the new shredder. I'm not sure how long I've had the old one but the paper shreds were rather large and took up a lot of space. This one the pieces of paper are smaller and take up a lot less space (not to mention it could actually eat the whole page as it's not blocked lol). I got quite a bit of it out of the way. I'll be doing more of it tomorrow. 

I also read several of the magazines in the to-be-read pile, which is huge. Sigh. Husband says he is going over to friend's this weekend (whose wife likes photography) so I'm hoping to palm some of them off to her!

Not a bad day if I do say so. Quite please with all that was accomplished! Let's hope the rest of the week continues in the same way.

How was the beginning of your week? 


9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good start to your week. It was a hot day, here, with the high being 100F, but, I managed to get a few things crossed off my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a productive day - well done:-)
    Food prices are quite shocking these days. It's very hard for some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dramatic photos you manage to get. I've noticed that the days are getting shorter now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, the days are definitely getting shorter now. A part of me likes it and a part doesn't!

      Delete
  4. It's been good, thanks. Quite energetic with fitness classes and housework. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! You always sound really productive.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a productive day despite the storm! Getting the fridge cleaned and decluttering the pile of paper with your new shredder must feel really satisfying. It’s always nice to find a silver lining even in the less enjoyable tasks.

    I just posted a new blog post at (http://www.melodyjacob.com), and I invite you to read and let me know what you think about it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.