Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Sunday Adventure

We got up really early so we could drive the 2+ hours to the only National Wildlife Refuge in the lower part of Michigan - Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge. The drive is only open from June to October and we haven't been yet this year. I wanted to go there before I left for England and I'm running out of time. 

I'm glad we got there early, as when it started to get later in the day and get hotter there were less birds to be seen. My favourite thing of the day had to be seeing all the Egrets gathered in one spot. I took a short video. I never knew they made such grunting sounds lol. I imagine they weren't happy having to compete with one another for fish. 




I took quite a few photos with my camera that I have to sort through. I also took a few phone photos of the lovely scenery. 















There were lots of lovely reflections. I love the waterways there. I wish we lived closer so we could visit more often, but I suppose it wouldn't be a treat then!

It was extremely hot again today. I think tomorrow is supposed to be a little cooler and then cooler still on Tuesday (when it is supposed to rain all day). I must admit that I'm looking forward to the cooler weather. I need to start getting things organised this week. I leave on the 15th!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!


6 comments:

  1. How do you take such wonderful photos? They would make really lovely cards, I am sure. They have such atmosphere. Thank you for sharing them so generously. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat to see so many egrets in one place. It must be a rich fishing area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really a treat! That's what I was thinking too.

      Delete
  3. Those reflections are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really lovely place. I would spend more time there if it was closer!

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos and I enjoyed the video of the egrets all gathered together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.