Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

The Week is Plodding By

The days are plodding by. I actually feel as though I'm getting things done. Well, sometimes I feel as though I'm taking two steps forward and one back. At least that means I'm making progress however slow. I have been making lists and getting most things done.  That's progress too! Once I get back from my trip I am going to start working on time management and getting rid of things.  I thought I might as well start this year, but next year is going to be The BIG purge. We shall see how well that goes! I like my things, but sometimes I look around and think I wish there was less, then I wonder why I'm holding on to some of it. What is the point of the things? Craft things, am I going to use them? Can I use them when there is so much of it? Aarrggh. Too many thoughts running around in my head. 

Anyway, back to this week. The heat and humidity have finally broken. The last couple of days (temp) has been really nice. It fell down with rain yesterday, so I didn't walk. Today I got out early and it was lovely and sunny. The walk was really quite pleasant. I'm hoping tomorrow will be the same! I have a haircut at 11.30. It hasn't been that many weeks since I had one, but I wanted to fit another in before I leave, and my fringe is getting a little long. I know some people cut it themselves, but I can't cut a straight line even with a ruler and I don't trust me to keep cutting and cutting until there is nothing left lol. I shall have a trim and she usually lightens it up a bit as I have quite thick hair. It's one more thing to check off the to-do-before-I-leave list. 

I did finish the shredding the other week. There was a lot of it, but it's out of the way now. I have quite the pile of magazines to send with husband this weekend. Hopefully I'll have a few more too! 

I did sort through some of the photos I took at Shiawassee on Sunday. I was pleased that I got quite a nice photo of one of the eagles that was sitting up in a tree. It's one of the young ones. It was huge. I didn't realise quite how big they were!




6 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's cooler for you, now. Endless heat is so draining. Great eagle photograph - what a capture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling more productive this week. It certainly helps that the weather is cooler. The eagle was so close. It was marvelous!

      Delete
  2. Have discovered I can post comments on my phone. Yay! Have a lovely trip back home. Oh, on the subject of your pesky squirrel, if you suspend your feeder on one of those tall metal crooks, away from any trees, so they can't drop from a branch onto the feeder and you attach a slinky coil to the top and bottom of the crook it might deter it a bit. Has to be a tall crook though so he can't jump from the ground directly onto the feeder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you can comment! Thanks. I am really looking forward to the trip. Good tip for the squirrel! I think I have baffled him with the baffle. lol. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Glad the heatwave broke. It sounds like you are making good progress with getting things done. I'm starting to wonder why I keep certain things, myself. I, too, need to do a major declutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel more productive now that it's not so hot. Not as grumpy either lol. I struggle with letting things go but then I go through stages wondering why I hold onto them and thinking maybe I'd be happier without the clutter.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.