Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sunday Adventure

Today we went to the lakeshore. Husband went to his friend's house yesterday and somehow invited them along on our trip today! It didn't turn out too badly. His friend's wife likes to take photos too so nobody was rushing me as I walked along. It turned out warmer than I thought and it was quite beautiful as we walked along.



There were quite a few people on the pier and a few of them were fishing. We watched as a couple of young lads caught an absolutely massive salmon. They asked me to take a photo with their phone of the three of them with their fish. It was huge! I think the more seasoned fishermen were quite jealous. 



The second State Park that we stopped at was lovely. I honestly can't understand why this beach is never full. There is so much parking and lovely sand and the water is beautiful yet there are hardly any people there. I shouldn't complain as it is nice to have a summer beach mostly to yourself! 

As we walked further along reaching the channel we looked up and spotted a plane writing in the sky



We didn't realise until a bit later that the air show was going on later in the afternoon!

Quite a nice day. 

When I got home I did start to look through my clothes. Sigh. Never know what to take. I suppose I should really think about it lol. 

Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend


8 comments:

  1. Writing in the sky - what fun!! It must make everyone smile.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made us all smile! Looks like the pilot was having fun too

      Delete
  2. I like the lighthouse and the pier. Those lads must have been so happy with their catch and on such a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really excited especially since they didn't have a lot of the equipment that some of the other fishermen had and they managed such a good catch!

      Delete
  3. Clothes for Suffolk - well if you were here today you would need something for a very hot day! and good weather forecast for several days ahead, long range is hopeful too. But you never know!

    Lovely lake photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my sister said! Fingers crossed it will be nice enough that we'll be able to go for a good few walks

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.