Pages

Friday, August 2, 2024

Making a List and Sticking to it?

Well, I've been making lists, doing really well, except for the one item yesterday which reminded me to write a blog post. Ha ha. It was THE only thing not marked off. Sigh. I suppose missing just that one thing is forgivable.  Today, I wrote another list and the only thing left on it is the blog post. This time I am writing the post before checking out the other blogs I read. 

The last few days have been really hot and humid. I think the humidity was something like 90% when I got up the other day. Not fun. I've been going out in the morning for a quick walk, but I'm not walking as much as I usually do. It is just too hot and sticky. I barely walk just a little bit, and all my clothes are wet through. Not nice at all. You would think that would mean getting more done at home, but even at home moving around a lot seems to make me too hot and sticky. I definitely have not been up in the craft room. I think the goal still is to get it sorted into a space where I can spend time creatively. IF no WHEN I get it sorted to that point, I am going to treat myself to a window air conditioner.  At this point I think this is going to have to be more of a project for when it gets a bit cooler. It's August now and I'll be gone from the 15th through September 8 and by then (hopefully) things will have cooled down a little by then. There really is no point getting an air conditioner now, besides I need something to get me motivated and treating myself to that might be the goal I need!

Not sure what the plans are for the weekend. I'm going out by myself tomorrow before it gets too hot.  I would like to get the wildlife refuge on Sunday, but it's a couple of hours away and I'm not sure I can get up that early lol. It's always better to get there early as the birds and wildlife are up just after the sun. I'd like to go one time before I leave and once when I get back. The one close (ha!) to us is only open from June through October. We shall see whether I make it up that early lol. 

Any plans for the weekend? 

Photos for the day - Fungus. It's been so hot, humid and wet that there is a lot of fungus around in the woods. I'm not sure why I associate it with Autumn! Anyway, I really need to google lens some of them and find out the kinds. They are all different shapes and colours. Always fun to see!








6 comments:

  1. 90% humidity is way too much. I would be melting in front of a fan, not walking! Well done with getting your lists crossed off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had enough of it. It's supposed to cool down next week so maybe I'll be a little more productive!

      Delete
  2. We complain here (we're good at complaining about the weather - gold medal standard, in fact) but it's never as extreme as the weather you get.
    Getting air con sounds a very good idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I know that must be why I moan about it so much lol.

      Delete
  3. It's impossible to do anything when it's so hot. I like seeing different forms of fungus, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me just feel tired. I'm past the age where I can stand sitting out in it for long. At least looking at the fungus I walked in the woods today lol.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.