Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2024

It's the Weekend

I did go out this morning for a walk. It was ok. It got hot and humid pretty quick, and I think there were others who had the same idea as I did about getting out early and beating the heat. I did stick around for a while - took a walk in the woods and it was quieter (people ways) when I was heading back to my car. 

A couple of phone photos from my walk











The plan today was to have no plans after my walk. A somewhat relaxing day. 

I did (TA-DA!!) find up my cross stitch that (ages and ages ago) I'd been working on and did some of it. Sigh. I don't mind getting older, but I don't like the result on my eyesight! It used to be I could stitch really easily, but I struggled with light and threading the needle lol. I did find it enjoyable though



Hopefully there will be more progress to come!

I also (finally) finished a book I've been struggling with. It's done and in the donate pile! On to the next one. I've been doing really well about not buying any new physical books. I have bought a few (on sale) Kindle books but they don't take up space

Do you have plans for the weekend? How's the weather where you are? 


4 comments:

  1. Love the photos from your walk. Everything looks so nice and green! Glad you found your cross stitch project and could work on it. No special plans for the weekend. It's hot here, too - today's high was 97F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a daylight bulb in the ceiling above my chair and it helps quite a lot.

    It's been fairly hot round here although this weekend is much cooler and fresher and we've even had some very dusty rain. After such a long, cold, wet spring, I'm enjoying the warmer weather, for sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the tree photographs, especially the tree trunk one. I imagine the beaver cross-stitch is quite trying - lots of similar colours - but it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello,
    Just discovered your blog on jabblog's one. Hello :)
    you say you're onto a new book ... what are you going to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.