Pages

Friday, July 8, 2016

Finished Cross Stitch

If I wasn't sore from weeding I'd be happy dancing all over the living room.

I have finished the cross stitch for my Mum. It is washed and ironed and ready to be framed. I will going tomorrow to find framing supplies. I am so excited to have this done in plenty of time to take with me. The backstitching was hard going but it is done.


This is the piece before backstitch. For those who don't know backstitch is a stitch that outlines details on the piece. It makes things clean and pop. It can be tedious and detailed but some designs really need it.


This is the finished piece. I am really pleased with it! I hope Mum will like it.

4 comments:

  1. It looks really good..........and very complicated! Feel sure your Mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Isn't it a great feeling when you put that last stitch in? I am working on a project that I started YEARS ago.. I am so excited that it is close (yet so far) to being done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.