I'm joining with Amy over at Love Made My Home for Five on Friday. It will be a fairly quick one today as I should be packing. I am flying out later today to visit Mum in England. So excited. We usually Skype on Saturdays - this week I'll be able to give her a real hug! It's going to be a hot one here today. It's going to be about 34c when I leave but with the humidity it is going to feel around 40c. We are under a heat advisory. I will be glad to be leaving it behind!
1. Packing - what to bring, what not to bring? I don't pack a lot of toiletries. I'm staying with Mum and she usually keeps some on hand. Clothes, I guess it is a hit and miss with weather. I guess if I really 'need' something and I haven't packed then I can buy it. Right? That's what I tell myself, anyway.
2. Kindles. All charged and loaded with plenty of books. I still prefer paper books but kindles come in handy as I can load up on books and pick and choose depending on my mood. I have my Fire for Internet access (when I do hook up which won't be often) and my paperwhite for actual reading as the battery lasts a lot longer.
3. Camera. Charged up and lenses ready to go. I have a couple of SD cards as I plan on taking a LOT of pictures. I will remember to take the charger lol. Convertor plug already at Mum's.
4. Crafty stuff - do I want to take some or maybe get a kit when I get there? Haven't made my mind up yet. I might take some photos and Project Life pages and go from there. I have a few hours to make up my mind!
5. Mum's card. It is finished. I tried my hand at the exploding box card. I have purchased a harder box to transport it in. I hope it makes it in one piece! I really like the way it turned out. I put a lot of love in this card and hope it shows.
I'll be popping around to visit some Five on Fridays before I leave. See you in September!