Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Christmas Eve Eve

Well, the time is almost upon us. I have finished shopping. The presents are wrapped. I still have sausage rolls to make and maybe some cookies. We went out and took a walk today to get away from everything Christmas-y. It was cloudy, dreary and quite cold (really cold by the lake!) but it was nice to get outside and take some photos. I am already thinking about the days after Christmas and sliding into the New Year. There are some many thoughts and plans running around in my head. I know it's just another day, but it feels like the slate can be wiped clean and I can start again. I will be choosing a word of the year, but I don't think I'll be declaring resolutions. I think if I do that I am setting myself up for failure. Instead I think I might do monthly goals. Those seem a lot more manageable. So each month I shall set myself a few goals.


No outdoor photo today as I haven't sorted through them yet, but I'm sharing this lovely Christmas ornament my talented MIL made. I LOVE it! I really enjoy taking photos of squirrels so it seems quite fitting. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of monthly goals. I'm at the point that I would forget what the yearly goals were in any case too much time lapse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me too. Or I break it once and then give up completely. I think I would find monthly goals a little easier to stick to.

      Delete
  2. Monthly goals are good! I make resolutions, but, try to incorporate them into my monthly goals.

    I wish you and yours a very happy Christmas and holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bless! I really enjoy reading all your goals - you have certainly inspired me.

      Delete
  3. That is adorable and so fitting for you. I already have my word picked out and I am also doing monthly goals. We should do a post about it and share with each other and those who follow can do the same. I don't know how to set up a blog hop or I would. Look forward to a clean slate as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea! I don't know anything about blog hops either. It would be good to have someone else to help keep me on track!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.