Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Is it Thursday Already?

Yikes. Time is running out!

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday. I tried not to be too sad as I couldn't see her, but I did get to talk with her for quite a while so that was nice. She said she had a pretty nice day. She had a dentist appointment. Ick. That, for me, would not be a good day! She said she had scheduled it so that she could leave work early! I did go out to lunch with a friend so that was nice. She's always good to talk to. Her younger son moved quite a way away (though he did come back!) so she understood how I felt. She also helped with a couple of other things I was having issues with. I enjoyed talking to her as I didn't feel stupid or that my problems were insignificant.

Things are coming along. We finally got our tree up. I didn't take a normal photo of it, but I was playing around with lights and what-not.


It's my abstract tree! I like that it is actually in the shape of a tree. I'm going to try doing some bokeh photography while the lights are out.

I made a card for someone I'm giving a GC too. I thought I'd just tuck it inside.


It's done by decoupage toppers. I really enjoy doing these. I didn't think I would, but I had a few in my stash. I think this one was 'free' with one of my magazines. The card base is from Docrafts Christmas with Wellington. I got these in the US from Joanns.com. There are 12 6x6 card bases (with - I think - 4/5 different prints) and I paid less than $4! They also come with some really nice envelopes.


I think I might have to get some more of these! I really like them.

I've also been doing this 'Currently' thing for The Awesome Ladies Project. On Fridays I fill out this little note and it's just a way to keep track of things. They fit quite nicely in a little notebook I had.



Once I get through this week it will be nice to be able to work on some me projects again.

I really feel like next year I need to be organised. How do people organise for Christmas? Do you buy things throughout the year? Do you make lists of ideas for people? Things to do? I feel as though all this running around and feeling stressed is unnecessary. Thanks for the input!

I always enjoy reading all your comments!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to read that your daughter had a good day on her birthday and you were able to talk with her. Glad, too, that you were able to get together with a good friend. Having a friend with whom you can talk about what you are going through and feeling, knowing your friend understands, is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Great card and nice photo of your abstract Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lunch with my friend certainly helped make a day I was dreading (as wasn't seeing daughter) a little more bearable.

      Delete
  2. Oops! Hit the publish button too soon! I used to plan for Christmas a lot more than I do now! I'd buy gifts during the after-Christmas sales and keep for the following year, make my gift lists in the summer, and make gifts throughout the year, etc. All that sort of flew out the window when I got sick. I hope to plan better, next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.