Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Winter Joy List

I have managed to put a few things on my Winter Joy List. I am keeping it on a pad by my chair in the living room and when I think of something I add to it.

This is my list so far:-

* Drinking hot chocolate - there are so many yummy flavours!
* Taking walks along the ice by Lake Michigan
* Reading lots of books snuggled under my fluffy blanket
* Taking snow photos
* Soup - making and eating!
* Enjoying having my old cat, Shadow, sit on my lap for prolonged periods. He really likes the fluffy    blanket. In the warmer months he doesn't tend to sit on me as much.
* Putting out bird seed for the birds in the garden and enjoy watching them especially when
   everything seems grey and dull.
* Doing some crafty projects when the weather is bad outside.

How are you finding joy in the winter?


A photo from the walk this morning. There was a smattering of snow on the ground and it was quite cold. First things, not long after dawn the sun shone for a little while casting a lovely reflection on the water. Not long into our walk the sun disappeared and didn't show itself again all day!

13 comments:

  1. That's a great joy list, Sharon! And that's a wonderful photo! It would make a great jigsaw puzzle, I'm thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! One of my goals for next year is to at least try to figure out what I want to do with my photos!

      Delete
  2. I do so envy you living somewhere where you get snow. I'm sure it can be a right pain at times but that photo is so beautiful and I agree with Bless, it would make a fantastic jigsaw puzzle, as would so many of your photos.
    Your Winter Joy List is a fab idea. I must do one for myself.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to look at but not nice to go out in and after a while it gets so tiring. We all look forward to Spring by the end of February!

      Delete
  3. That's a good list, Sharon. I really should write one of my own. I would love to have even a smattering of snow, although Winter has only just arrived here so there's plenty of time yet. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday was quite windy. And mild. And I stood in that wind, eyes closed, and felt it... deeply... until we merged. That... *that* JOY filled me. Deeply.

    I wonder what joy will be discovered today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I'm only just now replying I read your comment before we went for our walk yesterday. It was really windy and we were walking on a path between sand dunes. I climbed up a little one, closed my eyes and opened my arms. Such a glorious feeling!

      Delete
  5. That's a lovely list Sharon.
    Ooooh I wouldn't mind living in the house in your photo. Isn't it gorgeous?
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely. It's an old flour mill. It is empty lol.

      Delete
  6. Those are great ideas for finding joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to remember them when winter is dragging on.

      Delete
  7. A perfect list. I hope you find plenty of time to lose yourself in these during the cold winter months.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.