Pages

Friday, January 11, 2019

Friday

I've been doing a bit of sorting. There wasn't a lot of rubbish to throw out, but lots of books around. Yikes. I've made a small pile of 'to-be-read-next'. I must have been in a romance reading mood when I picked them up at the library book shop as they all seem to be little romance books. They won't take long to read and if I start them and don't fancy reading them, I won't. I'll put them in the donate box. There are a few I do want to put up on Paperbackswap.com so I can get some credits for books on my wish list. I usually only list those that people are already wishing for as that way the books don't sit in my house very long. The rest will go to the library bookshop.

I did get out for a walk today. It was quite cold and there is some snow on the ground, but the roads are clear. I took a walk in the woods. There wasn't too much to see. I did see a lovely pileated woodpecker (think the cartoon Woody Woodpecker). They are quite big. This one was quite noisy but flew around a lot and I couldn't get a good photo. I did take some photos of footprints. I think my son has an animal tracks book so I might see if I can figure out what they are. Suggestions would be appreciated!






7 comments:

  1. Good for you. I've never heard of that selling site. I think the last tracks are rabbit, maybe snowshoe? I'm 1/4 Native American - I should have listened more when my dad was teaching me these valuable lessons - trapping, tracing and foraging. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that! I was thinking maybe rabbit just from the way it appears in a clump like that.

      Delete
  2. I gather we are due for a cold spell but nothing like the weather you take for granted. Do you get cut off much?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sometimes lose power but due to ice storms rather than snow. Everyone here (except me) seems to get out and drive in it. I always have enough on hand that even if we didn't get out we'd eat.

      Delete
  3. The books got sorted just before Christmas to make room for any new ones we knew we would receive over the festive period. There's always a pile that needs to be taken to the charity shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know what the tracks are, but they are pretty on the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.