Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2019

June 1st - Book Decluttering

It's been a rainy sort of day here in Michigan. Warm, but stormy and rainy. We were lucky enough to make it out for a little walk around the lake at the Kellogg Bird Sanctuary. There were cygnets born to a couple of swans and we were lucky enough to see them! So cute!


They seemed to hide once more people came out. They must have been really young as they had trouble standing and seemed to stumble as though they couldn't find their feet or weren't quite sure how they worked. 

I talked with Mum -  no Skype today. She had to have her modem changed and the man who came to do it must not have added the code to her computer as she can't get it to go online at all. My sister has been on holiday, but next she goes to Mum's we're hoping she'll take a look at it and add the security code for the modem. 

As today is the beginning of June (rabbits rabbits!) I took 12 photos for my A Year with my Camera group. On the first Saturday of each month we're supposed to take a photo an hour. I don't always manage one an hour but I took twelve that I have to sort out, edit and put in a collage. Also as it is the first of the month I had to sort out a book to declutter. It isn't as easy as it sounds - at least not for me. I won't tell you how many I looked through before I managed to find not just one book but two! Wahoo! I'm pretty sure if not for this challenge I wouldn't get rid of these two as I still would like to read, but realistically I've had them for a while so -  my thinking is - that if I haven't read them yet I probably should let them go to someone who would like to read them. I am hearing the Frozen song 'let it go' in my head as I type this. 


6 comments:

  1. Aw, those cygnets are so cute!

    OK, so someone explained "rabbits rabbits" to me, earlier (was it you?), but, I've forgotten what it means! Can you explain it again, please?

    Good start to the book declutter! Yes, I understand the difficulty, choosing! I went through ALL my books, before I pulled out one! LOL! Suddenly, I want to read each one before I declutter them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the rabbits, rabbits, rabbits has something to do with good luck for the month. I'm not sure where it comes from, just something mum says each month lol.

      I know what you mean about wanting to read them all! I am getting through some, but not fast enough to declutter them lol

      Delete
  2. It is SO HARD to get rid of books. Really well done and all power to you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it difficult!

      Delete
  3. Well done on your first bit of decluttering. I hope it gets easier as the month progresses xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.