Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

New Week, New Month, New Post

Wow August. How time flies when you're not having fun lol. 

I have decided this is the month to do some major book decluttering. Yikes. This will be difficult for me.  I love books. They are my escape and some are a little like old friends bringing comfort and joy when times are tough. I am planning on purging some I even wanted to keep to read. I will be telling myself that I can borrow or acquire them again. Hopefully they will be going to a happy home where someone else can enjoy them.

Hopefully throughout the month I'll have piles to show you. If anybody else is decluttering let me know and I'll check out your link and hopefully get some motivation!

Picture today - these mugs make me happy. I smile every time I look at them.


8 comments:

  1. I am working on decluttering and have a lot of books to deal with. Some of them are like old friends and some are new friends, Make new friends but keep the old ... But I am having some success in giving books away, to Little Free Libraries at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see and if the couple I know of around here have reopened. They blocked them off for a while and I haven't looked recently. I usually donate them to the library bookshop but they aren't accepting donations currently.

      Delete
  2. It is so hard and so difficult to get rid of books - somehow, they become ones friends.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely. I know I'll find it really tough

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your book decluttering! I've been thinking I should declutter some books, too. Thinking about it is as far as I've gone! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's usually how I am too, but it's something that's got to be done and I want to have some new friends in the house lol

      Delete
  4. I've finished decluttering my books. In the end I divided all the books in to piles - old favourites to keep, recent acquisitions, and ones I'd had for a while because I 'wanted' to read them but actually always chose one of the more recent acquisitions to read. In the end I listed the titles and authors of the ones I 'wanted' to read but didn't, and let them all go. Once they'd gone it was a huge relief and I was able to relax. Now I regularly purge the ones that I've had for a while but which never get chosen to read. If I change my mind I can always get hold of another copy.

    Good luck with your decluttering xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it... I understand this all too well...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.