Pages

Friday, August 14, 2020

Week Over?

I must admit I've been in a bit of a wobbly state this week but it has gone quick! I think that's just it, we have to keep plodding along and making the best of things.

I have been working hard on the book decluttering. Sometimes I still feel as though I'm moving one pile to somewhere else, but I am sorting through things and getting rid of things. I have another box of books ready to go to the library bookshop (when they open) or the charity shop (if the library bookshop doesn't open soon). Getting rid of some of them aren't bothering as much as I thought they would or perhaps I'm just a little bit more ready. I still have a lot to go through but it's nice to see things leaving the house. I have even been sorting through some magazines (crafty ones) ripping out the bits I will use and recycling the rest. The recycle bin was almost full again this week.

I have been upstairs crafting a little. It's been quite hot again though. I have begun working on getting things organised more up there and have found some things that I didn't remember I had. It's like going shopping at home lol. I am pretty sure there are things up there that I'm going to get rid of. There are some decorative papers I know that I won't use. I was thinking up making up a collection and then putting them all together in the donate box. I hate the thought of tossing them out.

There have been a couple of lovely mornings out walking this week. The light is becoming quite beautiful in the morning. These are phone photos but I thought I'd share. It has (sadly) been quite busy at the place where I walk in the mornings. I am hoping that once things cool down it will be a little quieter. Selfish of me but I miss the peacefulness of my walk.




I hope everyone has a good weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous photos! The first one, especially! That third one would make a great jigsaw puzzle!

    Well done on the decluttering! I pulled one book out (a decorating book), looked at it, and put it back on the shelf! LOL. I did declutter some glass jars which are just as hard for me to get rid of as books, so, that's a plus for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that with some of the books lol. I'm planning on a second sweep and being a bit more brutal.

      Delete
  2. Stunning photos.
    Hoping things pick up for you soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the swirling blue sky photo. It looks like early morning when I walk with a friend. Good luck on the book decluttering. That would be the one thing I found hardest to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one too! Books are the most difficult for me too!

      Delete
  4. Your photos are beautiful, especially the first one.

    Well done on continuing with sorting the books. Any decluttering always goes through the 'looking worse' stage just before you start to see the progress you've made. I'm glad you're finding it easier to let some of the books go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is getting easier especially now that I have put a dream in place (of moving)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.