Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

Still Going

I am happy to report yet another box of books has left the house! Some I am finding really easy. I am sure it will get more difficult as the piles get smaller. I obviously have a huge amount of books. More, I must admit, than I thought. I am finding them everywhere! I must admit that shopping for books is something I tend to do when I'm feeling down. Other people shop for clothes and shoes - I shop for books! Admittedly most of them are used, but I do buy a few new ones. It still seems overwhelming but I am appreciating the encouragement. It certainly helps. I know others struggle with this too.

This week reading Jacky's Motivational Monday post over at Dicky Bird's Nest really helped. I think sometimes she's just writing these for me!

Although I've been sorting through books and craft magazines I have been getting some cross stitch in - though not a lot this week. This was a design in one of my too-many cross stitch magazines I have. I am finding it easier to let these go too and just choose to hold onto ones where I think I will get to the designs. Obviously even this pile will have to get smaller too - but first go through I'm letting go of the easy ones.


I hope everyone has a good weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Well done on the book and craft magazine decluttering! There are worse things than buying books when one is feeling down. I tend to eat chocolates or potato chips (never something like celery sticks)! :D

    I cleaned one bookcase, today. I didn't declutter, just dusted, but, that might be the next step.

    The Christmas bunny is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I suppose there are worse things. Sigh. I just have to work out something else to give me that boost when I am feeling down.

      Delete
  2. Well done, I had a big declutter when we downsized to our little cottage but I must admit it is needed again. Well done, I know how hard it is to get rid of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I want to get a handle on it now. In a few years, when hubby retires, we'd like to move somewhere else - preferably up north where things will definitely be smaller.

      Delete
  3. Well done.. You are a stronger person than me as I just can't let go of my books. When I was working I used to buy two or three every pay day as a treat. My total price limit was always £10 and if bought online it had to include Postage. I really think that I am a bookoholic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love them. My problem is that our library has a wonderful used bookshop in the basement. Books there are in really good condition, a lot of newer titles, and they are only $1 or 2. I can get so many there for the price of new ones. I really hate to leave a book behind!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the share! I write for me, but I figure there are others on my same path and maybe it will help or encourage. You're doing great. I am going to keep doing little bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying! Thanks for the encouragement. I really do appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. I'm the same as you, go buy a book. Did my whole secretary desk this week. It's taken days and I'm still not totally finished. It made me quite sad. All those old ticket stubs to exciting places, Rob's old go-cart photo passes, a pass to Williamsburg, and on and on. Ones life before you in memorabilia. Old cards, Memorial programs and life stories. It's a bit overwhelming, but needs to be done. Feels good when it's finished and I actually can see the bottom of the draw. Plus found at least six rolls of sellotape and thought I had none. Take care, have a lovely weekend. Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.