Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Ack...I did it again

 The whole week has passed and I've barely written a thing. There have been a few times when I've sat down and thought about it...and there it ended. In life I've just been plodding along. I had plans to take some books to the library bookshop but found out it has closed! The library is closed for the time being due to rising cases of Covid again. I had received notice that my library card will be expiring at the end of the month (who knew such a thing!) and that I would have to go in person to renew. Ack. I haven't been going to the actual library but I have been borrowing books for my Kindle and without the library membership I wouldn't be able to do that! I contacted the library and they said they have extended all expiring memberships so hopefully it will all be okay.

I've been out walking each day. I was going to go to some different places, but I've been hooked by beavers who has been chomping down the trees at my favourite walking spot so I've been going each day to watch their progress. The photos below have all been taken with my phone. 



This is their lodge. They have just started building this one which is probably why they are chomping down all the trees. It's strange really as it is right by the foot path. The second photo is the tree I'm waiting to fall. Each day there's a little more chomping done!





This is another view of the same lodge. All the trees below on the other side of the lake. So they have been busy everywhere!




I have seen two beavers (they were swimming together) while I was walking with my friend. I managed to take a couple of photos with my camera.


I am really enjoying watching their progress. There are some people on the Facebook page dedicated to this nature preserve who aren't happy that the beavers are downing all the trees on 'The Point' but I am of the thought that this is their home and we're just visitors. 

I really do need to get working on those Christmas projects! I did get daughter's calendar finished so I suppose that is progression. 



4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is fascinating. How wonderful to be able to see them so close up and the work they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance it looks like a lot of damage but it is essential to the beavers way of life and is something I'd love to see. Some beavers were reintroduced to the wild not far from here but I've haven't managed to see them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to see how they fell those trees! I agree with you - this is their home, first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be my thoughts too, this is their home...leave the beavers alone... We have beavers that made a damn on the little creek/stream/brook...it's all that depending on rain...and it's back in the woods. It's really on our neighbor's land. I had an estate one time that had these really weird book ends. When you put them together they were a bottom of a tree that a beaver nibbled on. I didn't know that is what it was till after I sold them and the buyer told me....dang, I liked it then...ahahah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.