Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Today

 It was really frosty this morning. On the weekends husband usually comes for a walk with me, but he's been working overtime this week so I left him at home to relax while I went out. It was a nice walk despite being cold. The sun was actually shining! There have been several cloudy days this week so seeing the sun certainly made me smile. I think I might have walked a little too much as my foot has been hurting since this morning. It has been quite painful to walk on. I'm hoping it will heal overnight so we can go out for a walk tomorrow. It isn't supposed to be a bad day tomorrow either so it would be nice to go just a little further. It's been a while since we have been to Warren Dunes State Park and I was hoping to see how the beach has been weathering the autumn winds. 

I Skyped with Mum today. She seemed quite upbeat. Skype worked well today and it was really good to have a nice chat. I wasn't going to send a box this year as post is so expensive and I thought to order something to be delivered to her, but I think I'm going to spend the money and put together a box that I hope will make her smile. I think that will be money well spent. 

This afternoon I did some cross stitching and watched some Vera. I must have seen them all a handful of times, but I love the show and as I've seen them before I can catch up if I get distracted by the cross stitch lol.

Phone photo of the frosty morning at the lake, sitting on a (wet) downed (by a beaver) tree. 

A card I made for husband's aunt's birthday. I hope she likes it!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I'm sure she'll love it.

    I'm sure your mother would love to receive a box from you, especially if you were to include a few things made by you.

    I hope your foot recovers and you can go on another walk, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, haven’t yet tried anything like that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card, such a stunning make. So nice that you are able to post a box to your Mum, it will be so uplifting for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a peaceful picture. Yes, I agree, it will be money well spent! The card is neat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.