Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Lazy Saturday

 It was quite a lazy day today but I did set an alarm to get up early. We managed to see the sunrise, though it wasn't that good. Then hubby took me to a small lake that he passes sometimes for work where lots of Sandhill Cranes have been gathering for migration. It was a wonderful sight to watch! There were so many of them all making lots of noise. I am going to try to insert a video that I took on my phone. Hope it works!



I Skyped with Mum. She sounded a little down again. I feel so bad. I felt like crying when we were done. I think she is quite lonely.  Sometimes I feel so helpless being stuck here. I'm hoping I can get over to visit soon - I'm trying to be optimistic. Sigh.

I did have a nice smile/laugh on the way home this morning. The car in front of us had a dog inside that was so happy to be along for the ride. It was hanging its head out of the car and was dangling a paw out too! I snapped a photo and sent it to daughter who said she was afraid her dogs would jump out of the car if they did that! It was literally freezing (below) outside but the dog was loving it. 



Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It's supposed to be windy and rainy tomorrow so not quite sure what we will be doing!


6 comments:

  1. Oh, I enjoyed that video of the cranes! And the photo of the dog enjoying the car ride!

    I'm sorry your mum sounded a bit down. Hope you will be able to visit her, next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely video clip, thank you so much for posting.
    Sending love - a lot of people are feeling pretty down at the moment - sad but understandable. We need that social interaction.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video was a great delight, I don't think I have ever seen so many together. Sorry to read about your Mum it is so hard been away from them. Maybe some mail may lift her spirits? Not sure if that may be too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably not helping your Mum that the weather in Suffolk is pretty grotty lately, so few sunny days and so many grey ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your video of the cranes. Also the dog made me smile. Hope your mum feels better and you can get to visit her next year. Lots of plans on hold for now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the video of the cranes. It's an amazing sight.

    I think a lot of people in the UK are finding this second lockdown harder. I hope the vaccine research is as promising as they are suggesting and that you will soon be able to visit your mum as a result.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.