Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

 Plodding along through the week. It's been beautiful weather-wise here in Michigan. We're having a slight warm up and both the sunshine and the warmer temperatures have been welcomes. I am enjoying the lighter mornings as I can get out a little earlier and walk. I do enjoy walking with my walking friend, but I also enjoy having a little walk just to myself. For a while there I was getting to the park the same time as she was, but now I'm back to getting there a little earlier so I have time to wake up properly before meeting up with her. The night time - wow - it gets dark so early now! It makes the time between dark and bed time seem so long! It will probably take a while to get used to that. 

I finished the cross stitch piece I've been working on! I was so glad to get the final stitches in. I'm going to do a small Christmas ornament next I think. 


Dinner tonight - I made chicken quesadillas for the guys and cheese ones for me. The guys really like them. They have seasoned chicken in them along with onions and peppers. My tummy was upset though and I didn't eat mine. I shall have them for lunch tomorrow. I had planned on making chili tomorrow but with the weather being as warm as it has been I'm not sure about that now. It seemed like such a good idea when we were having snow on Sunday. I think lots of other people had the same idea as one shop I went to had no seasoning packets at all lol. 

I talked with Mum today. She sounded in good spirits. She said that she had gone into town today as she needed to go to the bank and the lockdown starts tomorrow. I asked if she had looked around but she said there were queues at several shops and she didn't have the patience. I don't think there is a lot extra she needs. My middle sister has been doing her food shopping for her since the beginning of this. Mum has been out a little bit over the summer and picked up other bits. It's nice knowing that my sister is there to help Mum and if there is anything else she wants sister will help order it on the computer. 

BEST THING ABOUT TODAY - I have seen no political ads on tv, have not received one political phone call/text and there are no political ads on my Facebook feed. 

4 comments:

  1. Politics can (and usually are) a right pain, aren't they!
    I'm glad your mum is all set up and everything is in good order for her. It sounds as if she has been very wise in getting together a few extra essentials to tide her over.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cross stitch is so lovely! I like the idea of chicken quesadillas for the guys and cheese ones for you. Hope your tummy is better now and you will be able to enjoy your lunch, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been out for a short walk around the village. It's a misty day here and there's hardly anyone about but it's helped clear my head.

    I like your cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! One less UFO (wink, wink). Yay! No more political ads! Sisters are the best. The weather has been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.