Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2020

November

 Oh wow. I think October - because it's one of my favourite months for scenery - went really fast! The leaves have all changed colour and with today's wind most of them are falling from the trees. We got our first little snow today. Nothing that stuck but it still has to be counted lol. We took a trip to the lakeshore as the winds were really wild. It was so cold! I shall have to make sure I dig out my long undies. I don't think I'll be needing them this week as we are having quite a warm up towards the end of the week, but I should at least know where they are.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow - for a crown. I am not looking forward to it. My dentist will be doing tomorrow's appointment but when it comes to putting on the permanent crown in a few weeks it will be a replacement dentist as mine will be having her double mastectomy. I was given the choice of cancelling the whole thing, but I really want to get it done under this year's insurance in case I need more work next year. Although we do have some dental insurance they only pay a portion of the procedure up to a certain amount (not a lot). I opted to get it done and I was able to ask for a particular assistant to the fill in dentist so I won't feel quite as anxious. 

I know I'm worried about it as I had one of my strange stress dreams the day after the dentist called me about the change in plans. I was at the lakeshore with husband and daughter. We parked the car in the car park but by ice that had built along the lakeshore. As we stood there and I was taking photos the ice suddenly broke and washed away. I managed to get in the car but it was floating in the water, surrounded by it. Sigh. Whenever I'm stressed I have a water dream - being stranded or in the middle of water. 

I'm sure all will be well. It's actually the thought of the appointment that has me anxious. 

Today's photo is from our lakeshore trip. The water was coming up quite far along the beach but I managed to find a dry spot. Given my horrible water dreams I am really carefully about making anything close to that reality so I stayed way back. 



10 comments:

  1. That's funny when I'm stressed I have a dream about water. My car plunges off a bridge into the water and I'm having a hard job getting out. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture! Look at those waves! I hope your dental appointment goes well, tomorrow. I have a dental appointment, tomorrow, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand - dental stuff creates so much stress and anxiety, doesn't it, but it has to be done. The dreams are not nice either. I hope your regular dentist will be OK.
    Snow already, eh? Wow. The photo is lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Snow has gone today lol - thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. That looks like the St. Joseph, MI lighthouse... we used to live there !We sure missed the area when we moved to Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is that lighthouse! We live about 45 mins away.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.