Pages

Monday, November 9, 2020

Weekend

 Didn't go far Saturday. I went out for a walk because the weather was nice. Sunday we decided to take a trip to Kensington Metro Park. It's a couple of hours away. The park is huge and caters to lots of outdoor things - there is a golf course, beach, shooting range, nature walks. We had stopped there earlier in the year on our way back from a camping trip and haven't visited once since. As the weather was so nice we decided to go again. It's a flat walk but quite pretty with lots of bird life and birds to feed. 

I think I might have overdone the walking especially with not drinking any water and it being quite warm. I'm hoping that's all it is as I haven't been feeling too well since we got back yesterday. Feeling icky, sick, achy. I was really thirsty afterwards so hoping that is all this is. I did take a walk today but I stayed away from the shops just to be safe. 

Photo today - wild turkey from yesterday. I do not like turkeys. They actually seem quite mean. I hadn't ever paid much attention to their looks. I didn't realise that they had this uni-horn thing on their heads. How funny is that? I guess I learned something new lol. It's actually called a snood. 



5 comments:

  1. I think turkeys are a bit vulture like in a way, far removed from chicken which are positively cuddly in comparison!
    I hope you are feeling much better today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better, today. That's a great picture of a turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that about turkeys either. That's my 'something new' learned this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I've never paid that much attention to turkeys lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.