Pages

Friday, November 27, 2020

Checking in

 Usually this week would have included a family get-together with lots of food, some laughs and lots of leftovers! It was Thanksgiving here in the US here on Thursday. Usually we go over to MILs but this year we all thought it was best if we stayed home. Both my husband and son have been working throughout the pandemic and there have been several 'scares' at their work (they both work for the same company - though in different areas). I cooked a small Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday as my other son (who lives alone and has been working from home) had the day off and could come to eat. We enjoyed the food but it was certainly different than the norm! I am thankful that both my husband and all the 'kids' have worked throughout (middle son and daughter work from their homes) and other son (he's an industrial insulator) does work inside buildings owned by Pfizer (who is making one of the vaccines). I suppose that's Kalamazoo's claim to fame right now - the place where one of the vaccines is being made. 

I have been getting some of my Christmas projects well under way. Unfortunately when I started some of the photo projects I realised that I couldn't find the prints or hadn't got enough. For now I will work around the photos and try to get the projects done. I didn't go out shopping today. I had to pop for some bird food, but I ordered it online and picked it up through the drive through. I'm glad I did as the car park was packed! As I drove home everywhere looked busy rather as if there was nothing going on in the world. I did do some online shopping and anything I need from the physical shops I shall wait and get until it isn't so busy. I love a bargain but I'm willing to pay a few dollars more to avoid the crowds! At least this year. 

On my last post I shared some photos I took of the beavers. They have been hard at work this week and felled two more trees! There is only one left on the point now and they have started on that as of this morning!


I'm now on tree watch to see how long that one takes to fall. It's really interesting to watch.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I have some reading of blogs to do. Perfect for a relaxing Friday night. 


6 comments:

  1. It has been a different kind of Thanksgiving for many of us, hasn't it? I'm glad you got to have your sons there to share the meal with you and your husband.

    My, but, those beavers have been busy, haven't they? I guess that's just why they say, "Busy as a beaver"!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about avoiding the crowds. What price health, after all?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Thanksgiving was different too, messed up even, as I called my MIL and assumed she didn't want any of us over she insisted on everyone coming. My SIL is the county nurse, hadling all kinds of Covid mess...her children in college, coming home....I didn't want to go. To make a long story short, I ended up with the turkey, my SIL did the pies, my MIL did he salads....we each had a part of the meal...I had the best part...the turkey. Ugh..I love them, but everything with them is last minute...I am procrastinator enough with out that pressure...LOL I already bought "us" a turkey because I thought this would happen...ahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.