Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

Week and Another Cross Stitch Finish

 I've been feeling off and on all week. It's mostly been a headache, the kind that makes you feel like you're going to be sick. I think it might be the changing weather. At the beginning of the week it was warm enough to open your windows and now the heat is back on! 

I have taken the time to start and finish a quick little cross stitch ornament. It was really fun to do. I do have to finish it off - that's the most difficult part for me as I am not a sewer. Hopefully I'll be able to do it. I am going to start on a couple more ornaments. I have lots of stash so plan on sorting through my colours instead of going out to buy more. 


I have actually started some holiday shopping. Just a few bits and pieces for stockings. I know that this year things will be low key but it's always nice to receive a little treat - I think we can all do with a little something to make us smile this year! 

The plan for today is to print out/find patterns for ornaments and pick out the colours. Also to put away the colours I used for the design above. I think it was last year that I did sort through all my threads and have them all labeled and put in small drawers so they are pretty easy to find. It's just a matter of making sure I put them away again when done. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a very cute cross stitch! I love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitches. You are so right everyone likes to receive a little treat, particularly one made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute ornament! It is about that time to start thinking about and planning for the holidays, isn't it? I should check my stash of greeting cards and start writing a few each day, so that those going overseas can be mailed in plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cute! I do the same, I can NOT tell you how many tubs I open and say, well that was a 4H project from....ago....I am bad at putting things back! I just pack it up instead of back it goes. Hey, I like the ring to that, I may use if for a blog post...teeheee Hope you are feeling better and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.