Pages

Monday, March 14, 2022

Snowy Weekend ... and start of new week

 Sunday was really snowy too... at least in the beginning! Our clocks went forward on Saturday night. I only changed the alarm half an hour so I wasn't too tired. I still fell asleep after we got back from our Sunday advanture lol. 

Sunday morning it was snowing again when I got up and really dull. I had checked the weather forecast the day before and saw that the snow was travelling from southwest to northeast, so we had planned to try to get at the back end of the front. We drove through some snow and ended up in bright sunshine! When we arrived at our destination my FIL called to talk to husband about the blizzard that was blowing outside in our city. Not where we were lol. We actually in sunshine all day and by the time we got home the sunshine had made it that far!

We are going to have to cut down on our trips. Petrol is quite expensive right now, so instead of going out Saturday and Sunday we are going to stay closer to home on Saturdays. 

Because of all the snow the paths at the lake were icy today, far icier than we thought! Neither me or my friend wore our ice things and regretted it - it was really quite slippery!

Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile 72/365


One of the two lighthouses at Michigan City. The last time we were here - just a few weeks ago - we couldn't even get to this spot. The snow was far too deep! This time there was hardly any snow left and the ice along the lakeshore was all gone. The blue skies made me smile especially since I knew what the weather would be if we had stayed home!

Today we were back at Jane's. More work to do. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile  73/365


A couple of photos we found at Jane's today made me smile. These are photos of me when I was 18/19. Wow! I looked so very young. I absolutely hate having my photo taken so I was really surprised to see that Jane had photos of me. Quite pleased too. 


6 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to drive out of the snow into the sunshine! How nice to see photos of your younger self. :) Have you shared the story of how you left England and came over here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised there are any photos! I don't think I've shared on my blog. Maybe some day lol

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful surprise. Very brave of you to go out - I hate ice more than snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's not nice. Hopefully it will be done soon and warmer weather will prevail!

      Delete
  3. I'd completely forgotten that clocks go forward at the end of this month. It's the best sign for me that Spring is starting to warm up and it'll soon be summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprising to see how late it is light now!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.