Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tuesday

 Sunny walk this morning. There was still a little snow on my walk, but most of the ice has cleared off the paths now. It is nice without having to worry about slipping and sliding. We had a good walk today. We saw lots - among them the following as well as the usual assortment of other birds, squirrels and chipmunks. 

Red-tailed Hawk

Cooper's Hawk (maybe that or another type)

Pileated Woodpecker

2 Sandhill Cranes

Muskrat

8 deer

It was quite lively out at Asylum Lake this morning!

After the walk I did my grocery shopping. Ouch. Expensive. That's all I can say. Thankfully I have enough for the week and will be staying out of the shops. I can honestly say that I am doing better with my low spending on craft items (haven't purchased any in several weeks!) and books (I resisted buying any today). I admitted to being tempted on the books but then I thought of all the ones I have at home and how they are cluttering up my space and making me a little anxious so I resisted. I told myself they will still be around after - if - I ever finish up the ones I have!

I got several jobs done today too so overall a productive day. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 67/365



As you can probably tell, this has been on my bookshelf for a while. I finished it today. I really enjoyed it and it made me smile. It was sad but happy too. A nice story. 

I had a bumpy moment today when my aunt sent me a photo of her at Mum's bench putting some flowers on there. I miss Mum so much. 💗



8 comments:

  1. (((( hugs ))))
    At the weekend, at Potters, I so wanted to email Dad to say he and Mum would have really enjoyed a holiday there. As you say, a bumpy moment.

    Your walk sounds lovely - nature is waking up again. So lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of those moments. I know they are to be expected but it still hurts.

      Walking really helps me from thinking too much.

      Delete
  2. You saw a lot of wildlife on your walk, today! It must be spring! Well done on resisting buying more crafts supplies and books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still tempted, but it is getting a little easier.
      I hope Spring is coming. I am tired of winter

      Delete
  3. Sending {{hugs}} your way.

    I keep meaning to ask this ... do you keep a record of all the bird and animal you see? I know that some people keep a day book/nature book and wondered if you did too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I'm trying to keep track. I'm not good at lists, so it's hit and miss, but I am trying. I'm trying to do A Year at Asylum Lake as my year project (on my photography page - though I am behind!) so I'm trying to keep a journal to help with the entries.

      Delete
  4. Hugs. It's hard when you miss someone. Sending all good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I still can't believe she's gone.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.