Pages

Friday, February 24, 2023

It's Friday - made it through

Thanks for the comments on the last post!

Well, the ice came... and it's gone, though it's aftermath is still being felt. It was quite the storm. On Wednesday I didn't end up going for a walk. I did manage to get to the post office and get my packages out just before the icy rain started. By late afternoon there was a coating of ice on the grass and road. It didn't look too bad though. 

Waking up Thursday morning everything was covered in ice. There was a huge tree down at the top of the road that had pulled down an electric power line (not ours thankfully) and the road was blocked off



There was also a tree down at the bottom of the road - not blocking the whole road, just half



The line at the end of our driveway was to the neighbour's internet and it was fixed today



I was going to walk around the neighbourhood and take some more photos but as I was outside I could hear the trees crashing down, saw a couple come down close by and decided not to! We didn't lose any trees - there are a few really big ones at the bottom of our garden. Our neighbour across the street had lots in their garden and one fell and crashed through their window! 

My MIL and FIL are without power. Apparently it will not be on until Monday! It is below freezing. Luckily they have a small generator that will keep the heat going. 

It was so strange being outside as the ice began to melt and fall. It rained ice chunks! Some of them looked quite big. I took a little video - not a lot as I didn't want to get hit by any!



The ice did look quite pretty, unfortunately dangerous too. I did get out in the garden and take a few photos, but that was as far as I went. I managed to take this one (with phone) at the bottom of street



On the plus side, I did get some more books sorted. I am pleased to say that I managed to collect two boxes full of things to donate for February!



Another pile of books ready for donation! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I've never seen anything like that falling ice! It's pouring with rain, over here, and we've had several flash flood warnings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are okay! I saw about the rains on the news. The weather has just been so crazy

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you escaped with no damage to your property. Ice storms sound scary but they do set the scene for some lovely photos! Well done on your February decluttering. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was pretty scary listening to the trees crashing down as there as so many really big ones around us. Thanks! I'm quite pleased with the decluttering. I shall start another box for March. It makes an eyesore having a box sitting out BUT we aren't having many visitors and it's a visual reminder for me to fill up the box!

      Delete
  3. Oh, my - that falling ice does not look comfortable! I'm very glad you are OK and have had no damage. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It did sound and look pretty damaging.

      Delete
  4. That looks like a scary storm. I'm glad that you're okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.