Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Getting Back In The Groove...or not

Up bright and early this morning for a walk. I was walking along, took a stumble, tried to right myself and ended up splat on the dirt path. Luckily the only thing hurt were my knees. They are feeling a little rough tonight. I saved my hands as I was wearing light gloves (my hands were a little chilly, thank goodness) and I saved the camera and long lens. That would have been a very expensive tumble! I was certainly glad there was no-one around to watch my splat!

I thought I'd share a few more photos of our visit with daughter. One day we took a drive to Minnesota's Largest Candy Store. I like to go there as they have English chocolate. There are sweets/candies from all over the world. Lots to see too! I imagine it's a really fun place for children, though expensive too lol. I stocked up to last me (hopefully) until I go to visit sister in August. 





































I'm doing some thinking about June Challenges. I need to get this house sorted and I need to do some decluttering. I'm thinking of Fifty in June - getting rid of at least 50 things out of the house. I'm beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed by the stuff. We brought some things back from daughter's house and I need to make choices of what I can let go. I just find it really hard to let go!

More tomorrow - hopefully!



8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you weren't too badly hurt when you tumbled and the camera and lens didn't get damaged!
    That candy store sounds like a wonderful place to visit! I wouldn't know what to select!
    I'll join you on the 50 in June decluttering! I, too, find it hard to let go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a treat to go there. I was tempted by a lot of things, but only bought some special treats.

      Glad that you'll be joining me! I really need to sort out this house.

      Delete
  2. OUCH! - thank goodness you and the camera are OK.
    There's a man at the boot sales who sells American sweets and candies - he's there every Sunday so must sell some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon he does! My nephew-in-law loves anything American eats. I suppose when you live here though you miss the things from home!

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow - what a splendid place. All those familiar labels too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely treat! There's nowhere like that in Michigan. If I want some goodies I have to order online and I only do it in the colder months as it gets too hot in Michigan.

      Delete
  4. Glad your tumble wasn't too damaging and my goodness look at those delightful English chocolate bars! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like sweetie heaven. I'd be spoilt for choice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.