Pages

Monday, May 8, 2023

Monday

I missed a few days. Not because of anything bad, just keep forgetting to post. There isn't a lot going on right now. I suppose that's good in a way. Just feeling a bit blah too. Don't seem to have a lot of energy! I am out walking quite a bit so at least I'm getting exercise. Housework is just blah. We did go to some garage sales this weekend and I found a nice planner thing to help me (hopefully) keep on track. I know I have some somewhere around here, but can I find one? Nope. 

We had a lovely walk yesterday. Husband and I did a little birdwatching around Indiana Dunes on a Marsh Trail and then went to another park on the way home. It's a new one to us and we wanted to take a look. It was quite interesting. There is a platform overlooking the river and then one down on the river. We decided to take the one that meant we could go down the staircase (instead of up) and walk up a winding hill (it was certainly easier)



Platform



Husband out on the platform. It was a weird feeling standing out on it. It moves! It's a little like being on a swaying boat. Yikes. 










My walking friend was supposed to be going away this week. She was booked on a (expensive) river boat cruise in Switzerland and somewhere else (having a brain moment lol) for three weeks. She had it booked for over a year. They cancelled two days before she was due to leave!!!! Needless to say, she is quite upset. I wasn't planning on walking with her for three weeks. I had made plans for this week. However, I did walk with her today as I felt a little sorry for her. Tomorrow I'm on my own. 

Hoepfully I'll be back tomorrow. 


6 comments:

  1. That platform over the water looks so interesting! I'm not sure if I'd want to be on a swaying platform over the water! How disappointing for your walking friend to have her trip cancelled at the last minute! Did they say why? I hope she gets a refund!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very strange, to say the least.
      The company she was going with had a 'data breach' though that's not why the trip was cancelled. They were told mechanical issues. She's very disappointed. I gasped when she told me how much the trip had cost.

      Delete
  2. Hoping the 'blash' departs very quickly.
    Your poor friends - I'd have been absolutely gutted..

    As always, stunning photos. Thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's quite upset. There was a lot of trouble leading up to the trip and just when it was sorted it was cancelled. Not good at all.

      Delete
  3. That's such a pity about your friend's holiday. I'd be devastated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.