Pages

Monday, May 1, 2023

May 1st - But What Happened to Spring?

It's the first of May. Not sure where April went. May is a new month, so things start again. 

The weather today certainly doesn't scream May. There was snow - yes, you read that right - snow showers today. Not a good way to start the month. At least we're not in the UP of Michigan that was supposed to have a LOT of snow. Ours was just annoying snow showers. Yuck. It's been horrible all day. I went out for a walk and got wet - again. 

Yesterday I did my meal plan and worked out what I needed to buy at the shops and today, after my walk, I went and did a grocery shop. There were a couple of items that weren't in stock but I'm hoping to work around them, so I don't have to go back. More trips to the shops = more money spent, and I've spent enough! 

One thing I really wanted to do this week was clean out the freezer above the fridge. I did it today! Yeah! It's been on my list for a while, but today I got it done. I hate doing it as I know there are things in there that have to be thrown out and I feel bad about that. I took a breath and got it done though. Start a fresh. 

Tomorrow looks to be rainy again. Not sure if I will bother going for a walk. I'm tired of getting wet. I shall see. I know that if I stayed home, I could check off a few more things off my list and not have to do them when the weather is better, and I want to stay out!

It was sunnier yesterday and we did manage a walk, so instead of horrible pics from today, some phone photos from yesterday
















7 comments:

  1. Lovely photos as always. Here's to the start of a new month and a new beginning! Hope you have better weather, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hoping May will be more productive! Rain today, but better than snow I suppose

      Delete
  2. So late for snow - very discouraging.
    I need to cut the grass here it's growing like crazy with our warm/wet days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow???? Oh, my gosh!
    It's quite chilly here, feels colder than it should for May, but at least it is nowhere near snow!!
    Lovely photos - thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it when they said. Our temps have been up and down like crazy. I don't like it lol

      Delete
  4. I love your pics.

    Well done on getting to the freezer. It must feel a little less weight on your mind. Snow in May is unacceptable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Glad the freezer is done. I've been putting it off so long. I am over the snow - it's time for warm weather and sunshine!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.