Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Back Again

Thanks for all the lovely comments on the last post. I do appreciate them. 

We had a lovely weekend away. The weather was good, nice and sunny. The campground was packed, but we had expected that as it was a holiday weekend. The mini cabin we stayed in was quite nice. The only thing was that it was fairly close to a busy road, so not very quiet during the day when we were sitting outside. The nights were quiet though. 

I got up and did sunrises and stayed up and did sunsets. Lovely to see. The campground was in a State Park that was on the shores of Lake Huron which is a Great Lake on the east side of Michigan. The beach was busy at sunset, but it was big enough that we could walk along and have a little slice of sunset quiet by ourselves. At sunrise I was the only one on the beach. Lovely. I sat on one of the downed logs and watched the colours in the sky and the birds (including eagles) flying over the lake hoping to catch some breakfast. 

It was a lovely break. We did some walking, there were a couple of trails. I'm not sure this campground will be one we'd go back to though. It was quite small and crowded and some of the other campers were quite loud. There is supposed to be quiet times between 10 and 8 but people were certainly making quite a bit of noise after 10. The good thing for us is that as we were in the mini cabin we were spaced a little bit away from actual campers.

Tomorrow is the first of June and time to start my 50 in June decluttering. I'm glad that some people said they were going to give it a go too! I think being away from the house and then coming back makes me see what needs to be tackled AND makes me want to do it!

I'll finish now with some phone photos of our camping trip



Mini Cabin



Sunset









A walk along the trail



Along the Beach

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing the photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see the sunrises and sunsets. They were lovely

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos - that sunset is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. That sunset looks fabulous. I'm starting my 50 things as soon as I get home from work today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started mine! I'm hoping to be able to complete it!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, even with the noise of the other campers. That looks like a really nice little cabin! The sunset photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely time. The sunsets were amazing. I love seeing them over the lakes.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.