Pages

Monday, July 3, 2023

Back to Monday

It's going to be a strange week this week. Tomorrow (Tuesday) is a holiday here in the US. My son had today off, but husband went to work. They both have tomorrow off and then back to work Wednesday. I'm sure I won't know what day it is! 

Yesterday it rained. A lot. We do need it, but on a Sunday? Ugh. It's usually our adventure day. We managed to get out for a drive and a really quick walk along the beach before the rain came...and came...and came. We headed home and I spent the rest of the day doing a little sorting and some stitching. 

Today I went for a walk with my friend. As we were leaving, she said, see you tomorrow. I reminded her that I wasn't going to be there on Tuesday or Thursday (not to mention, it's a holiday too and I don't usually walk with her on holidays as husband and I might want to do something). She didn't look too pleased, but I'm sticking to my guns. 

I have decided to leave husband to his own devices and let him relax for the day tomorrow. We are going camping for a couple of nights next weekend, so I'll keep him busy then - ha ha. I am going to go watch the beavers, do a quick walk by myself and then come home. I've got some things I want to get done. 

As it was so wet yesterday everywhere was soaked on my walk. The path to the beavers' lodge was waterlogged and I had to find a new way round. The beavers were out and about this morning so that was nice. 






I hope it dries up soon.

Before I got down to the lodge, I walked partially through the field (it too was very wet). There was fog over the field though and it was really beautiful.






While out walking I came across this lovely decorated stone. Just in time for the holiday!



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely stone!
    Hope you have a good day, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovely to find a painted stone. That one is very attractive. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.