Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

A Little at a Time

I went for a little walk today. More walk, sit, walk, sit. It was a lovely day today and it's supposed to rain for the next two days so I wanted to get out while I can. I didn't go anywhere after the walk. Good thing too, as I was quite tired out. Son was still home from work today. He'll take another test later and see how it comes out. He's still feeling a bit off balance too. 

I managed to get a few things crossed off the list today. Well, if I'd made one, I would have crossed them off. Really do need to get on that again. Sigh. I put the fan away (sad face) and got out the little heater (definite sad face). I keep a heater in the living room as sometimes I get quite chilly, and I don't want to turn the heat up as the rest of the house doesn't need it. I didn't use the heater a lot last year as I wrapped up really warm and put a blanket on. Still, it does come in handy, and I certainly don't need a fan anymore!

I also managed to sort out a couple of problem areas. I'm going to work on some more over the next two rainy days. I'm still playing catch-up from my trip to England, Covid and then daughter trip. I certainly like things looking a bit tidier than they are right now! Although I don't like rainy days, they will give me a break from walking without feeling guilty (self-guilt) and give me some much needed time to work on the house. 

Hopefully back tomorrow!



6 comments:

  1. Lovely photo! It's that time of the year to put away the summer fans and bring out the winter heaters, isn't it? I, too, keep a small electric space heater in the family room or living room (depending on where I am sitting at the time). Doing a little bit each day should get your house all nicely tidied and organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the little heater as it saves a bit of money and keeps me warm. I don't use it all the time, but it helps!

      I'm trying to do a bit at a time. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. October really is changeover month, isn't it? I've been doing the same with my summer and winter clothes and I'm very glad I did. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a strange month - some days quite warm, yet mornings chilly with that undercurrent of cold. The mornings and evenings are getting quite dark too. Not sure if I like that!

      Delete
  3. That leaf is beautiful. They remind me of stained glass at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.