Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

End of October - Last Week Update (post one)

I'm behind on replying to comments. I have been reading them, just haven't replied yet. Regarding Time Management, I am definitely thinking the timer thing. I've tried it before and it has worked. I'm just not sure how to incorporate that in with the photography. It's my go-to stress relief and I usually take photos when I'm out walking. I just need to limit myself to being outside. That might be a little easier with the winter coming up. 

As for being behind, the dentist. Ugh. It didn't go too well. I thought I was doing okay, but I had to stop the procedure twice. The first time I thought I was going to pass out. I was really dizzy. Not sure if it was due to the vertigo I'm already experiencing after Covid or I was having a panic attack! I was spinning around and around and it felt as though my heart was beating out of my chest. After sitting up for a few minutes, taking a break and breathing I continued on. The second time I stopped was due to the horrible, burning taste of something they had to use. Just horrible. I got home and mostly slept. 

Today my jaw was aching and things didn't feel too bad, but then I started to get some pain and it's been on and off all day. I've taken some pain relief and that helps, but when it wears off the pain comes back. Hoping tomorrow will be better. 

LAST WEEK UPDATE

I was really pleased with all I got done last week. I had made a list at the beginning of the week and by Sunday night I'd got all but one thing done! I was quite pleased. I even ended up decluttering a few more things than I had hoped. Not a lot. But every bit counts. I am trying to sort through that mini hoard of magazines and I had about six photography ones sorted. Husband was going out to his friend's house on Saturday and his friend's wife likes photography, so I had him ask if she'd like them. She said yes, so they left the house! The other things were a few odds and ends that I decided I didn't want. I also gave a couple of things to walking friend that I thought she'd like. 

Every little bit helps!

I've started a list again this week. I'm not doing too badly considering the mouth thing. Sigh. 

This morning ... read the next post to see what it did in the afternoon!





7 comments:

  1. Hindsight being what it is, some dentists will provide a short-term sedative or nitrous oxide for people who are so stressed by dental procedures. Granted,
    one might need a driver, but it bears looking into. I am a dental-phobe my self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have anti-anxiety medicine to take the night before and before the appointment. I have nitrous too, but this time it made me feel horrible. I ended up stopping it. Hopefully this is a one off. I have another appointment next Friday and it's making me a bit more nervous than usual!

      Delete
  2. You're doing brilliantly - just be kind to yourself and take the time you need to get back to 100%.
    That last sentence sounds a bit ominous though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that the dental work didn't go as well as you would have liked and that there is some recurring pain. I think you were very brave to get the work done. Continue to take it easy and ask for stronger pain meds if you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I set a timer...sometimes I listen to it, other times not...ahaha
    I make lists...sometimes I stick to them, other times not....ahahha
    I declutter, but then I bring more in....ahahah
    I have so much ambition on Monday, by Tuesday...not...these aren't even funny anymore, but so true! Sorry you had an awful dental appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like me. I try, but I do end up getting distracted more often than not!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.