Pages

Monday, October 16, 2023

Back in Michigan - Rollercoaster Week

Back in Michigan. 

My flight back was good. I did a bit of walking in the week, but I am still dizzy and out of breath easily. I think this is a normal for now so I'm just taking the walking easy. After I got back I heard that my SIL had covid! Not good. Luckily, as soon as he started feeling poorly daughter (who is about 26 weeks pregnant) started sleeping in a separate room. Once he tested positive, they continued that and, thankfully, she has not caught it. Apparently, several people in his family came down ill, so I'm wondering if they caught if at the wedding. Who knows with these things? 

Husband and I have been away up north for the weekend. We stayed two nights in a mini-cabin at the campground. We had to leave after two nights as the campground is now closed for the season. We spent last night in a hotel in another town. We had a good time. Tiring, but good. 

Unfortunately, oldest son, who stayed home came down sick over the weekend. He took a test today and he has covid! It's apparently doing the rounds. I'm not sure of reinfection rates, or whether I can get it again after so recently having it. We are going to try to stay away from one another, but it's rather hard to do when you live in a smaller house. 

Anyway, hopefully I'll be back on track with the blogging and catching up with others.

Our mini cabin






The empty campground in front of the cabin. This campground is usually full, but as they were getting ready to close for the season, they hadn't rented out any of the spots in the top loop (where our cabin was). In the lower loop there were probably about 7 sites taken, so it was a really peaceful couple of days. 

It was a little chilly and windy, and mostly cloudy but it didn't rain. The whole weekend was forecast for rain so we were really lucky. We saw a lot of colour and some really lovely scenery (which is why I love going to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan). 




Love seeing this door under the Cut River Bridge. Apparently, T.Troll lives here lol






I'm going to make it a point to try to blog at least every other day this week. I've missed it. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! So sorry to hear that family members have come down with Covid! I hope they all recover quickly with minimal side effects and your daughter stays Covid-free!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.