Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Wednesday

A bit of a rainy day today. I didn't go for a walk first thing. I umed and ahed about it and because it looked like rain I decided not to go. It's so terribly dark first thing in the morning and the silly weather couldn't quite decide what it was doing. Sigh. Of course, it didn't rain much to start with. I did go for a little walk later on. The days seem so long if I just stay home. I was tempted to go shopping, but I really don't need anything and I'm trying to get back on the declutter wagon again, so decided a walk was probably the best thing. It certainly made me feel a little better. 

Can't say too much on the household side got done today. Usual jobs. I did do a bit more on a problem area and I started to take the time to sort through some photography magazines. I hold my hand up to being a bit of a magazine hoarder. The amount of them is getting on my nerves so I've decided to sort through them. As with most things, I find, it's really tough to let go of them, but once I have, I find that I don't really miss them that much. That's the theory anyway!

Tomorrow, I have a (much dreaded) dentist appointment. It's one I was supposed to have ages ago, they postponed it twice, I postponed it once and then they postponed it again. It's to talk about an issue they saw on an xray I had at my last check-up. Thankfully the tooth hasn't given me any bother, but I'm sure they'll want to do something horribly expensive and time consuming. Sigh. It's just the thought of even going there that makes me anxious! 




Hopefully back tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photo with the raindrops! Good luck with the dentist appointment, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the dentist trip isn't as frightening as the thought of it!
    I seem to have calmed down about dentist visits - perhaps it's an age thing or maybe just because I've needed no work for 18 months

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the thing - there is always something. I know what it is about the dentist I don't like - the water. It's not the noise or the pain, it's that water that makes me feel like I can't breathe. I breathe through my mouth so that doesn't help. Sigh

      Delete
  3. I too do not like dental visits although here in UK there is a major problem as dentists are full and there is difficulty in getting appointments I have a tooth that needs a filling and I keep putting it off, good luck with yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard things weren't good regarding dentist. Mum always said it and so does sister. It's all private over here so they make lots of money (especially off me lol). I didn't go for a long time so I do make sure I keep up with it though however tough mentally I find it!

      Delete
  4. My husband had a tooth that was bothering him. When he had his cleaning he mentioned it, so they did an xray. The dentist checked it over, looked at the tooth and said, "I don't see anything." Well, 3 days later, eating some peanuts, his tooth broke in half. I know this isn't helping your dental anxiety...but, it was a relevant story...teehee. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Not a good story. The dentist didn't see anything when she looked at the tooth. It was just through the xray. They are thinking something is wrong with the root which doesn't sound good. Sigh. I haven't had any broken teeth in a while thank goodness! At least, not since I've been going regularly.

      Delete
    2. Oh boy...root (sad face). Good luck!

      Delete
    3. Not looking forward to it. I asked how long the appointment would be. An hour and a half. Mum always used to say just get through that time and it will be over. Sigh

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.