Pages

Friday, October 20, 2023

End of the Week

I didn't get as much done over the past couple of days as I hoped. I did end up going for a walk yesterday and was glad I did as it didn't rain until later in the day. Today I had to stay home as my car brakes had to be fixed. While we were out last week driving on the motorway husband said we should probably get them checked. We did and had them replaced. It was quite a chunk of money! Ouch!

Son has finished out the week at home. He was still testing positive Thursday night (slight line). He said today was the first time he actually felt like eating so I suppose that's a good sign. As with me he said the worst thing was that dizziness and unsteadiness. I'm still experiencing some of it. Just when I think it's getting better, I try to look up to take a photo and feel it all over again. Yikes. I'm just listening to my body and taking it easy. I think that will just continue. 

This week, the 19th of October, marked the two-year anniversary of Jane's death. It doesn't seem that long. She is missed. Whenever I visit a lighthouse I think of her. We had some good conversations about them and it was her love of lighthouses that got me interested in visiting them. I'm not sure I'll catch up with how many she saw though!

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Next week is a fresh week and I shall be home all week so it's time to start a list again. Things need to get done!

In honour of Jane here's a lighthouse from our recent weekend away. It's in Mackinaw City and you can see the Mackinac Bridge in the background. On the left-hand side of the bridge is Lake Michigan, and on the right-hand side is Lake Huron (I hope I've got that right lol).


7 comments:

  1. I hope your son gets a negative reading over the weekend, Sharon. I've heard that some people take a long time to recover from Covid. Just rest as long as you need to and take it easy. I think Jane would have liked that photo of the lighthouse. That's a very impressive lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's going to test tomorrow. He is feeling better. I'm trying to listen to my body and do what's needed. It's just a little frustrating.

      Jane really enjoyed seeing lighthouses. In her later years she always enjoyed the photos I shared. I used to make her a calendar every year.

      Delete
  2. A very un-lighthouse like lighthouse!
    Hope the nasty symptoms go soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's right on the bank of the lake. I'm not sure the actual light works anymore. We have never been up in it when open. I think we always end up there when it's closed. The house is attached so I think that makes it a little different than the usual lighthouse. The weather there can be quite dramatic in the winter though and I imagine any lighthouse keeper would have found it quite isolating.

      Delete
  3. Very ouch but brakes are a bit essential really. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. It can't be rushed, can it, and trying to just makes things worse, I found.
    Take care and stay warm and cosy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated spending the money but brakes aren't something that can be put off. I want to rush to feel better, but I've given in and am just listening to my body.

      Delete
  4. I hope you both feel better soon.

    Anniversaries are tough, and I guess that you had so much to do after Jane passed that it will still be fresh in your mind. Sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.