Pages

Monday, May 13, 2024

A New Week and Start Again

I realised almost immediately after I wrote the last post the reason for my blahs. US Mother's Day was coming up on the Sunday. It all made sense then. I used to enjoy the day, celebrate it with my Mum. We did the UK one and the US one. It made sense as Mum was the only parent I had and she deserved celebrating twice. It doesn't seem the same now that she's gone. I wallowed for a few, thought of her, the good times we had, took a deep breath and got on with things. 

All in all, it wasn't a bad weekend. It was nice to be appreciated by my children. It's my 133/366 photo



A collage of Brids and Blooms, the things I got my Mother's Day. My middle son came up for a visit too in the afternoon. In the morning husband I had our Sunday adventure to Kensington Metro Park, really nice walk and the sun was shining. 

So, now it's Monday, back to the grind and I'm trying to get back to sorting. You'll be pleased to know that all the books I had sorted have now left the house. There were six boxes of them that went to the library book shop and two bagful that went to my friend. There are still more to be sorted!

Cherie asked how my craft room is coming. Well, I'm still working on it. I had the desk all cleared off and then promptly used it to put all the things I was contemplating getting rid of. Sigh. It is slowly being cleared again. 

This week I want to work on :

* Getting some plants planted. This is a priority. I need to get them in the ground. 

* Books - sorting more of them. There's a bookshelf downstairs that I've got my eye on!

* Ebay - I'm procrastinating. I need to list some more items. Daughter gave me some video games she'd like sold and I need to get them listed. 

* Sort - lol. This is a broad one, but that's what I wrote down. I'd like to get up in the craft room again and do a bit more up there. I did sort a drawer today and added more to the pile to shred so that might be on the list next week!

I've got to catch up on some blogs and get back into the swing of things. So here's a catch-up of Things That Make Me Smile 

131/366



132/366



134/366



Back tomorrow. 

8 comments:

  1. Pretty skies and lovely reflections. Any sorting I do goes straight into one of the lofts - my husband is a 'keep it, just in case' person. One day the ceilings will collapse under the weight of 'things'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be tempted to do that with it, but I'm really trying to make sure the stuff leaves the house.

      Delete
  2. You're doing incredibly well with the decluttering - well done, you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am really pleased with the books!

      Delete
  3. Are those lego birds? They look amazing. And the tree looks a little like a pouting modern art face. You take amazing pics.

    Well done on the decluttering.

    Also - hugs. It's never easy on these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. They don't get easier. Yes! Those are Lego birds! It's a retired set that she found on Ebay. I can't wait to put it together!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.