Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2024

It's the Weekend

Thanks for sharing your stories regarding yesterday's post. I have come away with the feeling that the 'experts' don't know much, and we should create a realistic budget for us and make that our goal. Personally, I think a debt free start to retirement is a must. It's an obtainable goal. Thinking about it more makes me realise we can make it work. The last bit, when the time is right, it's just taking that leap! 

Today, I got up bright and early and did a quick walk down to the beavers' lodge to catch them bright and early. They were quite busy this morning. There was one who was quite curious and came really close to the shoreline to study me lol.



I didn't stay out long as we had plans. Today were the annual garage sales of a certain neighbourhood in town. We usually try to go. There are lots of sales and you can park the car and walk around. There were so many sales. The weather was absolutely beautiful, so we had a good time. I found some clothes for Aurora and a few other goodies. 

By the time we were done I was pretty tired out. I must admit to falling asleep a bit in the afternoon! 

Good News Today - Ipswich Town Football Club has made it back into the Premier League! It was great to see all the photos and videos from the town. I belong to an Ipswich Ex-pat group on Facebook and a couple of the ladies were back in town and shared some videos. I admit that it did make me a little homesick!

125/366




 A couple of the dressed I got for Granddaughter. They made me smile and were pretty cheap so that's why I got them for her. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

6 comments:

  1. I do envy you having beavers to watch - they just make me smile.
    Happy purchases:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dresses are absolutely adorable! Hello Kitty and Minnie! Loved the video of the curious beaver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I really liked the dresses. I hope Aurora does too!

      Delete
  3. Those dresses are cute!

    It's good to see Ipswich Town back up again. I remember their glory days when they kept winning and winning on what was a shoestring budget even then. Their players stood in for the actors playing footballers in Escape to Victory, along with Pele and Bobby Moore.

    (yes, I still support Liverpool to the marrow but it doesn't stop me respecting a damn good club)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased! I grew up in the glory days, when they won the F.A Cup.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.