Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Thursday

I'm plodding along. Feeling a bit blah. Not sure if I'm coming down with something or just feeling a little blue. After Tuesday's weather though I'm feeling thankful that the tornado didn't hit our way. There was quite a bit of damage done on the other side of town. Several businesses were destroyed, and it damaged two mobile home parks where several people lost their houses. Luckily no one was killed or seriously hurt. Amazing really as it was quite devastating. 

Here are a couple of photos people shared on the local news channel







The storm didn't last long but it certainly made itself known!

I haven't been getting much done around the house. I did walk yesterday and today. It was rainy and drizzly most of the day today but I got out before the rain became persistent. I'm glad I went. The swans were showing off their new babies! Six of them! We have seen her sitting on the nest for a while and him protecting her and chasing off the geese and other swans as they try to approach. 

I managed to take some photos with my camera



I'm hoping they fair better this year than last. Last year they had four babies and only one survived. There are lots of snapping turtles in the lake that eat the babies. It's horrible to go each day and see one less. I know it's part of nature, but not one I particularly like.  Sigh. 

Looking for things to make me smile 

129/366




Reflections. They always make me smile. It means that things are calm. Everything is looking so green too. 


130/266




Before the rain. I was glad I took a chance and went out for a bit. The skies were lovely looking and, although I got a little rained on, I was glad the worst held off until I got home. 

Tomorrow, I need to tackle the craft room again. Sigh. Not looking forward to that, but if I want to be able to create in there I need to put in the sorting work. 

5 comments:

  1. We are having a week of lovely warmer weather over here and thank goodness not a tornado in sight! It's amazing that just a few minutes can do so much damage - glad you are OK.
    Beautiful calm pictures , hope the swans survive this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a bad storm, wasn't it? I'm glad you didn't have any damage in your immediate neighborhood. Loved the picture of the swan family and I hope the babies survive and thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That weather was scary! I'm glad that you were safe.

    I love reflections. I always think of them as looking glass worlds.

    It's hard about the swans. I agree, it's nature's way but I don't have to like it. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's your craft room coming along. I really need to get on and finish mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my - that was really bad.
    I hope some of the babies survive this year. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.