Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2024

Thursday and Off for the Weekend

I feel a little bit like a hamster running around and around on a wheel lately. I seem to be doing things, but not getting a lot done. Does that even make sense? 

I did finish up the plants - well, almost. I have one more that I need to re-pot. The others are all done and look nice. I am hoping that nothing eats them! One pot was knocked over, but I managed to get it upright and not have all the dirt fall out. 

Today, after my walk, I went to the post office to drop off some Ebay items, went to the store, did some housework, finished re-potting, had a bath, chatted to daughter and sister, made dinner and did the washing up. Pretty mundane. It was nice to chat with my sister. We usually do it on Friday, but - Ta Da - we are going away Friday night and Saturday night. Our first mini-cabin camping on the year. It is my birthday on Sunday, so I wanted to get away. We weren't sure where to go, and I kept procrastinating, but somebody must have cancelled this cabin, and I was able to get it for a couple of night! I'm quite pleased as this state park is one of the most popular. It's only a couple of hours away from home, but we have another trip planned next weekend for further afield. 

It will be nice to get away for a couple of nights. There are some nice trails in the park and there are a couple of walks we like. I won't be posting while gone, so I'll probably be back posting Monday. 

136/366



This was taken yesterday, before I finished up. I am hoping (fingers crossed) that the flowers attract some hummingbirds - that's why the feeder is there lol. Only time will tell. 

137/366



Sunshine!

Back on Monday, hope everyone has a good weekend. 

5 comments:

  1. The potted up plants look great! I hope you have a lovely birthday and a wonderful weekend camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time and Happy Birthday for Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini breaks sometimes are more needed than all our vacations. I've got just an overnight planned tomorrow and really looking forward to it. Your pots are very pretty. I enjoy bits of color but I'm a horrible gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.